Over time, your car interior and other upholstery start to fade. However, the car seat cover fades the fastest. At that moment, everyone will buy a new car seat cover. Who doesn’t like the new look of their car interior? If you buy a new one, you must know how to install car seat covers with hooks and discs because the cover will stick to the seat through the hook.
The car seat cover is a simple interior accessory. You don’t have to worry too much about installing it. The installation process is quite easy and simple. You are in the wrong world if you think it is hard. In this discussion, we will make your job easy. Just keep in mind maintaining the proper shape and good material of the cover.
- 1 Pre-purchase Decision
- 2 How Long Install Car Seat Covers?
- 3 Final Verdict
First, you must decide before buying a new car seat cover. You must choose the cover to keep in line with the seat measurement. The material quality of the cover is also important as the shape measurement. We don’t recommend buying a low-quality cover to save some money. Later it was seen that the new cover had faded quickly.
Not every affordable cover is of low quality. Some brands try to provide quality products to their customers within an affordable price range. Many brands provide such exclusive services to the consumer. You spend more or less; it doesn’t matter. Quality is important when buying car seat covers. If the cover is of good quality, then you are good to go with that product.
Otherwise, you have to spend money again. This money-spending loop will never end if you buy a low-quality cover.
Which Car Seat Cover Should You Choose Between Universal and Customized?
You also have to decide the type of car seat cover. You have two options; mainly universal and custom seat covers. Universal car seat covers have been designed to fit all car seats universally. Custom covers are only made for a specific vehicle. It costs more because it is more customized than the universal car seat.
Whether you buy a universal or customized cover, make sure the cover is not hard to install. Installing car seat covers with hooks and disc is the easiest way. If these elements are available, you can pick the cover without thinking more. I suggest buying an anime car seat cover for your infant. Your kid will love the design for sure.
Let’s discuss the basic methods of car seat cover installation.
How Do You Put on Car Seat Covers with Hooks?
Make sure you take a fitting car seat cover. After ensuring 100% measurement, proceed to install a car seat cover. If you go through the middle of this process and see that cover does not fit with the seat, another problem might be created.
- Press a button that is located at the base and remove the headrest by pulling it straight up.
- Some vehicles have armrests, whether some vehicles have null. If your vehicle has an armrest, pull it off. If there is no button, then undo the screw of the armrest.
- Insert the upper part of the seat into the lower part of the cover and slide down firmly. Make sure that each line of the cover aligns the seat as you slide.
- You will find a tag behind the cover for the airbag. Pull it tightly with the crease of your seat. Make sure the airbag is on the same side.
- After fitting the cover properly, bring out the straps from the center of the cover.
- Bring the strap bands from the bottom of the seat to the front and attach them to buckles to tighten and secure.
- Adjust the seat’s base portion by tucking mesh materials. If you have clips, connect the elastic loops using clips underneath the seat.
- Reinstall the headrest on the top of the seat.
- Loosen the fabric shell attached to the hook and loop at the top of the cover, and seal it.
- If there is no loop at the top, create two small cuts and set the headrest.
- Set the side elastic loops with an S-hook. It will provide a snug fit for the seat cover.
Rear seat cover installation is close to the front seat.
- At first, remove the headrest the same way for front seats.
- Cut the cover to accommodate seat belts. Don’t cut more than necessary. Alignment is crucial while installing a car seat back cover.
- Wrap the cover from the top of your seat, ensuring alignment with the bottom.
- If there is no headrest entry, cut some area at the top using an Exacta knife. Otherwise, not necessary.
- If the back seat’s headrest comes with a bar, create two small cuts at the top and set the headrest.
- Ensure the proper alignment using a card or something else. You may need to tighten elastic loops with a hook.
- Buckle all the straps to ensure a secure fit.
The car seat cover installation cost is only similar to the car seat cover. You don’t require any additional items for this job. You don’t need to hire any experts. The cost of a car seat cover depends on your choice, style, and preference.
How to Install Universal Car Seat Covers?
Universal car seat covers are comparatively lower than customized car seat covers. Now, we try to highlight the process of installing universal car seat covers from Browning, Realtered, Mossy Oak, Ducks Unlimited, Hook, Krypto, and more. Don’t worry; it will be an easy procedure.
- Arrange all the tether clips first.
- Undo the tether straps of the cover and attach the clips to them.
- Pull the cover over the seatback.
- Push the anchor between the area of the seat back and the base location. You have to move the seat forward to make this task easy.
- Now, cover up the base.
- Attach the clipped straps under the front of the seat and around the seat’s back.
Some special heated car seat covers will keep you warm in a heavy cold environment. Don’t panic. These are easy to set with the car seat.
Does AutoZone Install Seat Covers?
AutoZone is an industry that sells automotive parts and different accessories. You can buy anything related to your vehicle. You can take cover delivery for free if you have a local AutoZone shop.
AutoZone’s services are quite good. If you ask for help from them, they help you. If you buy a cover from them and face difficulties installing it, you can ask for their help. However, suppose there is no AutoZone in the local area. In that case, getting any help related to the car seat cover installation will be tough.
How Long Install Car Seat Covers?
The process sounds similar but is time-consuming. You have to remove the existing cover first, then replace the cover. Both front and rear car seat installation duration required almost two hours. That time is a prediction for every person. We don’t think it takes more than one hour for an expert.
We are at the end of this article. This article will help you install a car seat cover. We hope that the installation process will enhance the speed of your task. However, now, you know how to install car seat covers with hooks and discs. You should choose the cover that has the option of installing a cover with a hook and disk. Hook and disk allow making a hassle-free installation in any situation.
An important reminder: Car seat cover tends to interfere with the airbag. So, ensure the placement of the airbag at the beginning. The user manual will provide you with this information.